Id Please Asap

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

bugsy66

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Bought this betta yesterday. It was labelled a "male rountail" I would like to know if it is indeed a male and what kind is it?

Bought this betta yesterday. It was labelled a "male rountail" I would like to know if it is indeed a male and what kind is it?

Here is the third picture

Attachments

• rounttail_1.jpg
    rounttail_1.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 73
  • rounttail_3.jpg
    rounttail_3.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 59
  • rounttail_2.jpg
    rounttail_2.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 80
yes its a male, its a cross from a pk and another hm or sd, the tail is too long to be full pk and the ventrals too, he doesnt seem to have the edges of a true pk either, it could be classed as a roundtail but they tend to be longer in the tail that your fish, so i would call it sdpk or he might be hmpk if when he flares he reaches 180 degrees

Thank you so much for your quick reply.

Glad to know it is a male.... :nod:

The fish is quite young yet, so as it grows I am sure he will change.

The tail does get fuller when he flares at the other fish.

Stupid question here, what is a sdpk??

I know the plakat but what is sd??

Thanks again..... :)

sd is superdelta which is the tail that doesnt quite make halfmoon when in full flare

the colouring also looks like what they call "Dragon" the white covering too his scales wow lucky find!

the colouring also looks like what they call "Dragon" the white covering too his scales wow lucky find!

That is what someone else told me too. They said it was a young male "Dragon Plalak" (should that not be spelled Plakat??
Plalaks have wild type finnage with fancy color. Dragons have the silver body scales like this one. Body shape and strong colors indicate a male.

He was not cheap, found him at a local store here. There was two of them, but this one had much nicer color and fins, there was only the two of them. I paid $16.00 CDN for this fish........ :hyper:

Thanks for your reply

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back