Ich?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Another of my fish is banging it's head on the side of the tank, don't know that's a signal it's on it's way out?!

Another of my fish is banging it's head on the side of the tank, don't know that's a signal it's on it's way out?!

OK, I would do a partial water change of 50%, using just fresh tap water with the conditioner.

Just done, how will I get rid of the ich now though?

The first thing is to ensure the "treatment" was not the problem. But the ich is still present. It is a shame you cannot increase the tank temperature for a good week. With just cardinals you could boost it up to 90F and that according to some will kill ich. I've never had an issue with the salt, used three times a couple years ago (in different tanks...I transferred it stupidly). I accepted Dr. Monks advice that salt was safer than chemicals like copper and malachite green, and since long past treatments with those did cause issues, I would agree.

You are sure you didn't overdose the salt? In a 14 gallon tank with substrate and decor, you probably have 10 gallons, maybe less, of actual water. What I did was measure the water above the substrate, and using a calculator came out with 70 gallons in my 90 gallon tank, full.

Followed your instructions to the letter, would you believe I'm a doctor in my day job!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back