ICH or not ICH

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Jamie1999

Reaction score
Iā€™m new to this forum so Iā€™m sorry if Iā€™ve posted in the wrong place! I recently got two dwarf gourmanis females and after a few days seen some white spots on one of their fins and and couple on the body. Iā€™ve raised the temp and been medicating and doing water changes every other day but they just arenā€™t falling off itā€™s been four days and theyā€™re still in the same place, is it ICH or something different?

Attachments

• 3FE0ED1F-AB32-40A1-A53F-619695026CA1.jpeg
    3FE0ED1F-AB32-40A1-A53F-619695026CA1.jpeg
    323.9 KB · Views: 281
It does look like ich but it is odd the spots aren't falling off. What is the temp raised to and what meds are you treating with?

Any other other fish in the tank and are they being effected as well?

The temp is 86F and Iā€™m using the ā€˜love fish white spot treatmentā€™ from pets at home as it had good reviews. In the tank theyā€™re are 2 bristle nose Plecos and 3 mollys and non of them have been effected atall just the Gormani!

Sounds like you have things right. Maybe try raising the temp a couple more degrees and keeping up with the treatment and water changes. I usually shoot for 88 when I heat treat for ich.

It's possible the meds you are using won't work too great in some cases. Sounds to me "love fish white spot treatment" is more of a herbal remedy, which is good because it won't harm the plants or beneficial bacteria. But an herbal treatment isn't always the answer. Sometimes heavier duty meds that contain formalin and M. green are needed for tougher ich infestation but I would avoid using that in an established tank.

Give it a few more days and keep a close eye on everyone. Just a tip, next time you get new fish be sure to quarantine them for a few weeks. You don't want to introduce disease to your establish, healthy aquarium. Always quarantine.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back