FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Kirih

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a 45L Biorb Life
I don't like the filtration & those large/sharp gravel media,I believe it's ineffective and also the Birob Airstone is noisy it makes a constant hissing noise which is distracting.(tank is next to my couch)

I've already replaced the Biorb pump with an EHeim 100 which is not that noisy (but still hearable unlike what they claim but ok)

So now I've decided to replace the Biorb Filtration and just put a "real" internal filter inside (like the Eheim Pickup 45)
and then add some nice sand gravel instead of those sharp and ugly Birob media.

has anyone done this? can anyone give me some tips?
is a filter like Eheim Pickup 45 enough for this tank and no air stone would be necessary?
do I need to somehow block the airtube or I just ignore it? will there be leakage?

I know I can sell the tank and buy a conventional tank, but the shape of the Biorb Life is perfect for my setting and I also like the way it looks much better than conventional aquariums.(being tall and modern etc)

Sorry, I've never had a Biorb Life or am Eheim Pickup 45, but it should as even an air driven sponge filter would work.

Hi,
I have a 45L Biorb Life
I don't like the filtration & those large/sharp gravel media,I believe it's ineffective and also the Birob Airstone is noisy it makes a constant hissing noise which is distracting.(tank is next to my couch)

I've already replaced the Biorb pump with an EHeim 100 which is not that noisy (but still hearable unlike what they claim but ok)

So now I've decided to replace the Biorb Filtration and just put a "real" internal filter inside (like the Eheim Pickup 45)

is a filter like Eheim Pickup 45 enough for this tank and no air stone would be necessary?
do I need to somehow block the airtube or I just ignore it? will there be leakage?

I know I can sell the tank and buy a conventional tank, but the shape of the Biorb Life is perfect for my setting and I also like the way it looks much better than conventional aquariums.(being tall and modern etc)
Hi,
I have a 45L Biorb Life

I’m debating the same thing. Did you go ahead with this project. I too could just buy something else but I love the look ! Trying to pimp it without much help... and I’m no expert. Wish I could get some advise.

I’m debating the same thing. Did you go ahead with this project. I too could just buy something else but I love the look ! Trying to pimp it without much help... and I’m no expert. Wish I could get some advise.

Hi I've got a biorb 60 and I've taken out the carbon filter and covered the whole base in a layer of medium and course matting and put the original spong back in the canister with a fine wool on top.
Haven't changed anything apart from 20% water every few weeks and levels are great...
There's s video on you tube under biorb filter hacks
Good luck

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back