I Think I Got Lucky (Monodactylus Kottelati)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

jonny5

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
so i could be wrong but after looking at my 3 mono's. I think i got a batch of the fairly rare monodactylus kottelati. The anal fin seems longer than dorsal and although its hard to tell in this crappy picture, the dorsal fin of all 3 is much more orange than yellow.

BTW, for such an active fish daytime its funny how they kinda sleep on the ground on thier heads at night.

nvm file was too large, but i just thinks its cool i happened to recieve what i believe are some kottelati.

M. kottelati do occur in the trade, and I think I'm seeing them fairly regularly here in England. There is a photo in the Aqualog book, and some tips on my Brackish FAQ. Do also look here:

http://www.hippocampus-bildarchiv.de/tier_11553_Monodactyluskottelati.htm

Cheers, Neale

ok wootz i got it to work. But these little basterds are so fast, they never stand still for a picture.

and now ghost ghost mono picture, the fish shape is to skewed, but the color is more evident

Attachments

• mono resize1.jpg
    mono resize1.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 190
  • mono resize2.jpg
    mono resize2.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 212
I agree with Neale look like Argentus.

I so badly want one for my brackish tank but not seem any locally!

im a new member and really confused
unsure.png
about my wana be monos argentus i bought i went from having saltwater tank becus everything i liked got to big and i couldnt keep very long becus rite now im limited space but i went from saltwater to brackish whitch i never seen coming all becos of mono argentus fish , whats scaring me is i think the only fricin pet store locally can get what they call argentus are
Monodactylus Kottelati and i dont like them the pictures to me seem they are darker less colorful and longer anal fin like the sebae witch i dont like
angry.png
ill post some picks to see if anyone can tell the differnce when they are so small and maybee save me from raising a whole bunch of fish i despise the looks of
bye2.gif

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back