I need plant help

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Spen2cer

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
so I need some aquatic plants, and the only pet stores around me are petsmarts and Petcos. I have a ten gallon tank
upload_2018-6-21_22-47-54.jpeg

And I need some help with finding the right floating plants for gouramis. Relatively new to aquatic plants, and need some help. On the websites, some say they grow over a feet. Do they?

Hi
What type of Gourami?

You want low light low maintenance plants.

Things like Blue Stricta Crypts, Annubias, Vals, for floating plants Water sprite is great, I also love duckweed.

This is my tank full of Crypts and Annubias with water sprite as floating.
CJDjCcn.jpg

I only change water on that tank, and add 1 milliliter of Seachem flourish comprehensive when I remember.

Honey. thinking of getting water sprite, if i can find it

And I need some help with finding the right floating plants for gouramis. Relatively new to aquatic plants, and need some help. On the websites, some say they grow over a feet. Do they?

Are you referring to floating Water Sprite, or some other species?

Are you referring to floating Water Sprite, or some other species?
Iā€™m talking about some at pet stores that say they get over 2 feet. Iā€™m getting both my fish and plants from a trusted online dealer, because I canā€™t find honey gouramis anywhere around here.

Dont worry about how big the plants get they are easy to prune and you get a free plant.

If you mean Water Sprite gets over a foot...yes, it can. But I have it growing well in small tanks as well as larger. As it grows, daughter plants develop on alternate fronds (the floating leaves, called fronds because this is a true fern plant). You can remove them and toss out the large plant as needed. You always have several plants and they will be smaller this way.

If you mean Water Sprite gets over a foot...yes, it can. But I have it growing well in small tanks as well as larger. As it grows, daughter plants develop on alternate fronds (the floating leaves, called fronds because this is a true fern plant). You can remove them and toss out the large plant as needed. You always have several plants and they will be smaller this way.
Perfect

Where do you suggest getting water sprite?

Where do you suggest getting water sprite?

From a fish store or online, depending where you are.

Water Sprite has three species that look very much alike, but one is best floating. Ceratopteris cornuta is the good floating species. The leaves, or more correctly fronds, since this is a true fern, can be somewhat variable in shape due to light, nutrients and water parameters. This makes identification of this species difficult, and it is often encountered in the literature under the names Ceratopteris pteridioides and C. thalictroides, although both these are now accepted distinct species. C. pteridioides has blunt-lobed fronds (leaves), while C. thalictroides has fronds that are deeply pinate with tips more slender than the subject species. There is some uncertainty over the taxonomy and distribution of Ceratopteris thalictroides and C. cornuta with some botanists considering these as one single species.

upload_2018-6-23_11-15-37.jpeg

I added a water sprite looking background to add to the coolness

the plant in the pic above is what you want, one of my favorite aquatic plants, Water Sprite :)

the plant in the pic above is what you want, one of my favorite aquatic plants, Water Sprite :)
Yep. I also added a water sprite looking background. Byron was mentioning the different types, and recommended one. Didnā€™t know whether this was it

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back