I need help

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I'm afraid we need a bit more information.

How hard is your tap water? You should be able to find this somewhere on your water supplier's website. Because there are around 6 units they could use, we need the number and the unit.
What is the pH of your tap water, after it has been allowed to stand overnight? If you don't have a tester for pH, you need to buy one, and also testers for ammonia and nitrite.

Once we know the hardness and pH we can advise better which fish would be suitable.

Have you cycled/currently cycling your tank?

How meany small tropical fish can i have in that tank on that picture

Attachments

• DSC_0002.JPG
    DSC_0002.JPG
    690.8 KB · Views: 185
It is impossible to say that tank will hold this many fish. It depends on the fish. And the water.

Examples -

Male bettas, you can have only one fish.
Microrasboras, you could have about 10. These are soft water fish so if you have hard water you can't have those fish at all, in any numbers.
If you have hard water, you could have 6 male endlers.
If you want zebra danios, then none because the tank is too small for such a fast swimming fish despite their size.
If you want goldfish, none because they need a much bigger tank.

If you could give us a list of fish you like, together with the parameters of your water, we will be in a position to say how many of the fish in your wish-list would be suitable.

I already see some fish in that tank, if you plan to add more please tell us what species you have in the tank and what ones you wish to add as well as your water parameters out of the tap.

I think you need to get the fish in that tank in order first. It looks in major need of a big water change.

HOLY SHIZ
idk if that is a craigslist ad or what you need better WC's on that tank fifty percent a week! every week!
And get a filter in their oh mai god.

Also WHAT TYPE OF TROPICAL FISH, RIGHT NOW IM GOING TO SAY NONE BECAUSE OF YOUR TANK CONDITIONS
AGAIN OH MAI GOD
caps lock woops

The petshop told me to buy the fluval u1 and put it in my tank with your other filter for a couple of days then take your old one out and I have 2 female guppies 1 male guppie 1 female cherry barb 1 male cherry barb 1 male checked barb 1 Brisselnose pleco 2 Cory Catfish and 19 babys in a breeding box with 2 1month and 1 week old guppies in the breeding box and I don't have a testing kit in to Tuesday ill be getting in one from Wilkinson

What are your water parameters, was that the actual tank?....
Updated pic if that isn't updated.
Cory catfish need a school of at Least six so I recommend returning those as they are delicate fish.
19 baby?...
Barbs also need a school of six plus and are semi aggressive I suggest you return them as well.
basically restart the tank in a nut shell. Get a good/better filter and what are your parameters (as said) and what's your maintenance schedule and what do you during that time? How many water changes a week and how much water changed?

I am geting more cherry barbs and checked barbs next week and I testing kit and I do a 15% to 20% water change every week like ever Monday and would 5 cherry barbs and 5 checked barbs be enough plus mu barbs get long with all my fish in the tank

Anyone from England north east Gateshead / Newcastle want any baby guppies there health baby about 5 days old

I am geting more cherry barbs and checked barbs next week and I testing kit and I do a 15% to 20% water change every week like ever Monday and would 5 cherry barbs and 5 checked barbs be enough plus mu barbs get long with all my fish in the tank

No...please, please do not buy any more fish. You already have too many for this tank. It is true about shoaling fish needing a group, but there is no space here so some of these should probably go back to the store if they will accept them. This tank, if it is 30 liters as in post #1, will not support all these fish.

But the pet shop man that has been a fishkeep for 30 year sed you can get about 30 to 40 little fish in there so who can i believe

LMFAO
he lied. Simple as that. This is a common problem, ive been a fish keeper for 56 years.

So should i just keep my 9 adult fish and my 2 1month and 1 week bays and sell the rest because I got a another tank it's 18l tank

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back