I need HELP with Betta!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

AshleeNicole420

Reaction score
I'm new to owning a betta fish
For the last 3-4 days, he's just been at the bottom of the tank in a curled up position and won't eat. Will come up with air, but goes right back down. 2 days ago, I noticed his heater quit and the water has been sitting at about 76ish degrees. I have a feeling he's cold? But I could be wrong. I'm not sure of all the levels in the water, I hadn't been able to get a test kit yet.
Someone HELP!

Attachments

• IMG_4355.JPG
    IMG_4355.JPG
    762.4 KB · Views: 99
Can I ask a few questions first.

How long have you had him?
How big is the tank?
Does the tank have a filter?
How did you set up the tank before you got him - cycle with ammonia, just let it run a few days or get the tank and betta at the same time?
How often do you do water changes, and how much do you change?

76 degrees (24 deg C) is a bit cooler than a betta likes but it is not too cold.

The first thing I would do is a water change. That should always be the first thing to do if a fish is not behaving normally. But take a sample of tank water before the water change and get it tested at an LFS asap. Ask them for the numbers for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate, don't accept something like fine or a bit high or whatever.
Until you get the water tested, and buy your own liquid reagent testers as soon as possible, do a water change every day.

And get a new heater.

I'm new to owning a betta fish
For the last 3-4 days, he's just been at the bottom of the tank in a curled up position and won't eat. Will come up with air, but goes right back down. 2 days ago, I noticed his heater quit and the water has been sitting at about 76ish degrees. I have a feeling he's cold? But I could be wrong. I'm not sure of all the levels in the water, I hadn't been able to get a test kit yet.
Someone HELP!
Right so to start with hello and welcome.

Can you give us a little more info on your tank. Size. Water changes. Is it planted. What lights are you using. Have you replaced the heater. What are you feeding him. What are the water parameters.

Sorry for all the questions but we need to know these things in order to help you properly

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back