I need help bad

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Djvsmj

Reaction score
My fish tank water is always perfect I always test it but for some reason my fish keep dying I need help I have a 10 gal I have a veil angel, two white chiclids,a Chinese algea eater, and two neon tetras. Is this too many fish for a ten gal? Fish keep dying​

A 10 gallon is too small for those fish.

My fish tank water is always perfect

What are your water parameters right now?
Ammonia
Nitrite
Nitrate
What is the water temp
What sort of filter do you have
Any live plants
Is the tank cycled
What are you feeding them
How often do you change water.

The more information you can provide the better we can assist you.

Also a photo of the tank would help.

None of those fish belong in a ten gallon. I'm going to say there's too many fish, creating too much waste, perhaps in an uncycled tank, and the build up of waste products is killing them. Might want to check out the Nitrogen Cycle.
For one angel, I say a 30 gallon is the minimum. No idea what kind of fish the "white cichlids" are, but if they're not kribensis or shell dwelling (both are small species) they will probably need at least a 30 as well.

If you can, I say get a 55 gallon set up and move all the fish into it. The tetras will get eaten by the cichlids once they get big enough, and they prefer to be in large schools anyways. Consider rehoming them.
If you can't get a 55, rehome the angel and cichlids, up the neons to 7 or so, and call it good. Honestly, very few fish can live happily in a 10 gallon, it's just too small. I personally wouldn't keep any tetras in a 10 because they are so active and love their swimming room.

Last edited:
I didn't even notice the part about the Chinese algae eater. EVIL FISH!!! They are the spawn of Satan and will torment all your fish, even if it is only half the other fish's size. They don't eat much algae, they have a craving for fish slime coats, and they get pretty big. Unless they are in a BIG tank with equally big (and aggressive) fish, I won't even bother with them.
I learned my lesson with them the hard way. The one I had constantly tormented my gourami, so I threw it in my sister tank, where it harassed the gold fish. No fish is safe.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back