I Miss My Curvicep Cichlid

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

thank you for trying. These fish are so rare it's unreal

It appears so, fancy falling in love with a fish that no one stocks, oh my.

I fell in love with a fish once, my Mandarinfish, geewizz it was my pride and joy, but alas it passed away, I later found out that they dont eat so called 'normal foods' apparently you need to have an ancient tank full of live rock and lots of rock dwelling critters and mine wasn't any of those things. 
no.gif

yeah, it certainly is hard work! I sounds like your starved to death ... :( At least my love affair fish is reasonably easy to feed ... plenty of protein and they are happy 

Still no joy I'm afraid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

okay, no worries. Thanks for asking for me :)

thanks for that Far_King but I'd rather wait to see if they can get them at Aquatic Finatic so I can see if there's any interactions between male and female and get a bonded pair 

But I had to use my most powerful Google-Fu to find those lol.

Quite tricky to find them in stock anywhere.  I have no idea what those stockists are like mind you.  I hope you manage to get a bonded pair soon :)

a huge thank you though  
laugh.png

They are like hens teeth. I know Aquatic Finatic have had them in fairly recently and they are positive about getting them in again. Most places I've asked at have just said plain no and then pulled a face. You'd think I was asking for something awful not a beautiful, easy-going cichlid  

I guess they're not that well known or appreciated in the hobby. It's surprising as yours looked to be lovely fish.

there was a lady at Aquatic Finatic who's also had them (one of the staff members) and she was singing their praises too. They are a lovely fish to keep. A real joy. My pair had so much personality and were only very mildly aggressive when they had babies. What's not to love! I don't get it 

Hi Akasha! If you've already mentioned this in another post, I apologize, but I am wondering if you have found your fish yet.

Over the over 10 years of keeping south American cichlids I had 2 maybe 3 death that were caused by other tank mates. One was like yours. My Severum in my avitar Nip was his name I grew up from a baby he got to be a 9 inch awesome fish. I loved him like a pet. My STUPID Uaru and him never saw eye to eye. My Severum was older about 5 years old. The Uaru would never leave Nip alone. So after being picked on for a while he passed. The stupid Uaru was fine I was so made at that fish I found him a new home.

Another one was just a month ago. I adopted this great female Chocolate cichlids she was almost 9 inches I loved her named her Buggy because she has bug eyes. Well one day I found Buggy on the ground getting dry. She jumped I never had a fish that big jump 3 weeks later my not so big NEW severums turned out to be a pair and they laid eggs. SO I think the young severum pair might have caused Buggy to jump. So so sad.

I know the feeling of losing a fish you love to another fish.

I have angle fish and I keep them in a group of 7. They are a lot less aggressive to other fish when they have other angles to fight with. Also the pairs break up and new ones start when you keep more than 2.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back