i have one lonely cory!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

daudy_dojo

crazy betta lady 0.o
Reaction score
my panda cory is maybe about half an inch long and she/he has no friends! they sell panda cories up at my LFS BUT they are like 2 inches long! will it be ok if i buy a few of the bigger ones? or will they harrass my lil gurl/guy? AND what species would school with panda other than panda its self! 2morrow im gonna go get some new pandas if it is all gravy with the bigger ones! BUT if another spieces will spawn tell me cause my LFS has a big 30 tank section just on a million dofferent cories!

PS the only cories i have ever owned were albino and panda and i was wanting to try something different! ^_^ PLUS my lil panda i have now hides and only eats live brine shrimp when they swim to him/her im kinda worried about it! :( she seems so dpressed

I would either get at least 2 more as corys are schooling fish and need aminimum of 3, preferably 6. You didn't say what size tank it was and what else is in it. I would either get more or take that one back to the LFS.

My larger & smaller corys always got along just fine. I can't remember any cory showing any aggression towards anything. You should jump on the deal for the larger pandas, as long as you have the tank space. Smaller ones are hard enough to find.

Tolak

Hi daudy_dojo :)

Pandas are fussy and delicate corys, but if your tank is well established, why not give some of the larger ones a try. Your little one is a fry and if you think about it, in nature panda fry will grow up along with their parents and all the other fish in their large school. He will love to have more of his own kind in the tank. :nod:

If you get a half dozen mature pandas they will probably spawn for you. While it might be a little tricky, it can be done. I've been doing it and find that if your tank is established and you do lots of water changes, it's possible to raise them.

However, if you have never raised corys before, I would suggest starting out breeding either the bronze or albino C. aeneus or the peppered corys, C. paleatus. They are fairly easy to get to spawn and the fry are a little easier to raise. :D

my tank is a 10 gallon tank with a million molly fry! i have raised pandas before and the only ones i have bred (eve owned) were albino and panda! ^_^ yea my LFS sales pandas forrrrrrr 2.59$ ^_^ and all the other cories cost like 3.90something! i have a very well established tank! it has been running for like 4 months now! inchworm are you kinda saying that they will act as parents towards the baby? well my dad said that i can get like 3 if i want so i will have four! (will four work?)

Hi daudy_dojo :)

Corys don't parent the way dogs or cats, or even humans do. When it comes to schooling fish though, they find their security by being part of a group. Three more will make him feel a lot better than being alone.

Of course, when it comes to cory cats, it's a case of. "the more the merrier!"

:fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish:

:fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish:

YES YES YES today is the second day of owning my new cory and i bought the cory that has the M name ^_^ brutus loves his new friends! ^_^ hehehe and today i took my chinese algae eater back and bought 2 otos! ^_^

Most reactions

Back