I don't want my fish to breed!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

So if I am to take all the advice you have given me, I should get ride of all my fish and get a frog instead? Right, or a snak, they are much easer to care for.

So if I am to take all the advice you have given me, I should get ride of all my fish and get a frog instead? Right, or a snak, they are much easer to care for.
No we are reccomeding you to get better stocking,
Whether you get rid of the fish it's up to you. What size is the tank?

Now as I also have a 10 gallon a good,nice fish would be a small school of neon tetras.Although they do need filter and it is recommended that you get live plants which to do that means you will need a hood with a decent light.(You can get decent bulbs at lowes.)Also I would recommend sand.One more thing,I can't stress this enough as the others said.Fish keeping is not cheap.I have spen already about 200$ on my 10 gallon alone and even then its not high tech.
Npo my high tech 5 gallon has been about 150$ but thats only because it has been set up for about half a year.

I doubt you would have issues with breeding because any potential fry would likely get gobbled up before they have the chance to grow out.

ok well I got it all taken care of for now, my tank has gravel in it now ( had to wait till my friend dropped it off, she forgot it when she gave me the tank), my 5 fish seem to be very happy with each other cause they are resting in a group of 5. my three Mollie males are not fighting or overly chasing each other, I took my water in to be tested and everything was good, I just needed to add a little fresh water to get my water leave back where it needed to be for my pump to be happy. so I will no longer bother any of you, and I'm sorry my simple question of " can I have an all male tank?" (that just simply needed a yes or no answer) turned in to a week long discussion on how stupid I am about fish and that I need to get some huge tank that I don't have space for nor can I afford. also I know that most of you breed these fish and have thousands of them at a time. I don't want my fish tank over run with fish I have no intention of keeping and it is cruel to let fish breed is you are not going to make sure the babies survive, so why have breeders if you just want pets? all I want are pets! each fish is a little different and each fish has a name, and I can tell mine apart. ( si, am, star, spot, and tiny.)

This thread was absolutely pointless as you did nothing better for your fish.

Actually it wasn't. The poster learned about fish and chose to not take our advice. Someone else might stumble upon this thread and be able to use it to benefit them.

I'm sorry my simple question of " can I have an all male tank?" (that just simply needed a yes or no answer)

as I stated before and will state again, I did answer your question which you seem to ignore the fact of.

Back to your original question, Yes having an all male tank of mollies is perfectly fine, that is if you have the right set up.

How do you know, have you come to my house and looked at my tank? Or tested my water? You know nothing? I have now spent a good amount of time resurching both types of fish that I have and I have talked to 4 different fish experts including 2 from strictly local fish shops that do nothing but sale, bread, and keep fish! And have done all that my experts have told me to do! And they said my "stock" is just fine thank you very much!

The snails that came with some plants I got killed my betta,
Just for the record,
No snail can kill a Betta, unless the Betta chokes on it while trying to eat it.

This is what Bettas do with snails, Watch the White one.

Last edited:
Yes, you can keep the fish together, it's your fish tank after all. All we're trying to say is that your fish are not going to have the best environment possible. If hats not what you want for them, then that's fine but understand when you come to a fish forum for questions, the people here are going to try to give you the best advice possible, though some don't say it in an ideal way, were still just trying to make sure you understand what you're doing, and what you're doing is not providing the best possible environment for them. That's all. Can we all just get over ourselves now and move on to the next person who needs help?

Just for the record,
No snail can kill a Betta, unless the Betta chokes on it while trying to eat it.

This is what Bettas do with snails, Watch the White one.

Really then explain why my betta died a horable death do to the snails? Jelly did eat a small snail that I did not notice in the tank till it was to late! And the place that sold me the plant should have told me that there plant tank was infested with snails, cause I would not have bought the plant from them! I pride myself with keeping a clean tank and I do not want pests in my pets habitat.

Really then explain why my betta died a horrible death do to the snails?
Your Betta probably died due to your poor fish keeping just like the Mollies will. THE SNAILS DID NOT KILL IT.

Also snails are not pests they are a valuable addition to any tank as they eat all the waste.

Your Betta probably died due to your poor fish keeping just like the Mollies will. THE SNAILS DID NOT KILL IT.

Also snails are not pests they are a valuable addition to any tank as they eat all the waste.

Yes snails are a valuable addition when you bye them and put them in cause you meant to, they are pests when they are as small as a food pellet and not wanted in the tank, what killed my Berta was a tiny river snail that was the size of one of his food pellets, and when he died and I put his body in a bowl of clean water to take it back to the store there where 4 snails in the bottom of the bowl the next morning. Just the dead bobby and the snails. The snail poisoned and killed my fish, I don't care if you think it can't happen, but it did. when I purged my 5 gallon tank there where 30 or more snails in it ( that is the definition of pests to me)
My Berta and 2Corey cats where doing just fine and happy for 6 months before that. And my 5 gallon tank was cycled and my water was really good and I had everything I needed for him, I thought, then someone like you said " you need live plants as well as the moss balls to make your tank work better." So I got live plants and 3 days later I had a dead fish!
That's why I have problems taking advice from others.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back