Huge Pimple On Cichlid Forehead!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Makaha_Town

Reaction score
Okay, so I have a dwarf balloon cichlid and the poor thing got a pimple the size of pluto on his forehead. :crazy: I left him in care of my sister for a few days, before I left I seen some red on his forehead and put some melafix in the water. When I came back, it has a white head to the bump and it's getting bigger! I'M AFRAID IT'S GONNA POP!! Poor little guy. I forgot what that sort of pimple thing is called, what type of medicine do I use? Can I use melafix? Something stronger? It looks so painful for the poor little guy!!! EMAIL ME PLEASE AT [email protected]

Thanks guys! :good:

--Is it aeromonas? Can I use Furan-2?

Can you issolate him as you don't want it bursting in the tank, you will need maracyn one and two, or tetracycline, but tetracycline will wipe the bacteria colony out in the filter, good luck.

after it pops, voila... hole in th head disease. HITH starts with pimples that burst then causes a hole in the head.

There are 2 ways it can happen.

First way is from thymase from Feeder goldfish. If a fish eats too many goldfish, it will cause sinus erosions.

Second way is malnutrition in which the liver starts having problems then lateral line erosion starts occuring. Lateral line erosion can start or migrate to the head causing HITH.

Hole in the head starts off as pitting.

lymphocystis, will look like a clump of berries or a caulifower.

It starts off as a "pimple" looking thing. Pink, which turns to white. It's when it gets advanced that it turns into a caulifower type lump, and doesn't necessarily cluster.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back