Hows This Look

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

big_sw2000

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Moring people. Just want your thought on my planted tank.
And any info suggestions you might have please.

IMAG0173.jpg

IMAG0173.jpg

P1080278.jpg

P1080264.jpg

Steve

Yes same tank, the sig picture is about a week earlier. Ive just added some gravel on top of the sand, in front of the plants, and some garden stones. Trying to create a river bed sort of look.

Steve

Minus the sunken ship or whatever it is, it looks good :hyper:

Looks really good IMO. I prefer just the sand substrate, mainly for the benefit of the corys, but this is nice. What size is it
Its a Fluval 190 tank. Its about 42 gallon i think.

Yep i hate it, but i had it in my 1st tank years ago. My wife wont let me get rid of it. So its stuck.

Steve

Joshwainwright said:

Just noticed that, I thought it was a rock. Yeah, definitely time for the nostalgic ship to go.
good.gif

But my Betta lives in there lol.
Not acutally sure what it is, but it would look better in the bin

Steve

Joshwainwright said:

Just noticed that, I thought it was a rock. Yeah, definitely time for the nostalgic ship to go.
good.gif

I take it you guys mean the white thing, left side of photos.

Steve

Agreed. +1, the ornament has to go but it looks good! Perhaps a little too much green, I'd have tried to break it up with some red/browns. Seriously though, good job! I've not had a planted tank before but I like organizing other peoples' :p

EDIT: Actually, taking another look at the photos has made me change my mind, provided the log isn't swallowed up but the plants I think it's all good :)

No your right, i think it dose need a litle colour, and maybe some dwaf hair grass in the front. But having a 2 year old, and a new one on the way,. its being done on a very little budget. Hence why ive let the water wistera grow everywhere.
What would people sugest for a red, or a diffrent colour plant. Or any plant that would compliment the middle of the tank next to the wood.

Steve

I quite like Echinodorus Rubin but I'm not sure if it'd complement your tank since it grows in a slightly stockier (but somewhat similar) shape to Amazon Sword plants. I'm a little under-knowledged on the care for plants so I think I'll leave the suggestions up to somebody else ;)

I might have to try some wysteria again sometime. First time I had it, it just melted and I haven't tried it again.

I like your tank. It looks very healthy. I do agree that it looks better without the larger stones, and the unidentified thing really should go!

I might have to try some wysteria again sometime. First time I had it, it just melted and I haven't tried it again.

I like your tank. It looks very healthy. I do agree that it looks better without the larger stones, and the unidentified thing really should go!

Wow, i just dont understand how you can kill the stuff lol. That was a tiny plant brought of ebay, and it went mad.

Steve

Oh, I've killed plenty of plants in my time! It's weird ... in one tank a plant will be incredible, and in another tank the same plant just melts and dies.

Ok the thing is out. Any one want to buy it lol. May look good in your tank.

P1080324.jpg

See its not so bad. LOL

P1080323.jpg

Steve

Oh, I've killed plenty of plants in my time! It's weird ... in one tank a plant will be incredible, and in another tank the same plant just melts and dies.

Yeah, my plants deffently grow better now i have a sand substrate. Could not grow much, when it was all gravel. Like you, i killed one or two plants

Steve

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back