How's it going?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Erebus

Reaction score
Hi I'm Curtis, I have two fish tanks one is a 20 or so gallon (12.25"w*30"L*12.75"H) with two goldfish that are too big for the tank but no worse for ware( happy and fed), the other is a 10 gallon (10"W*20"L*12.25"H) with a supposed half moon Betta, clown pleco, and a small fiddler crab ( I know most of you all will be pissed off at me for having a crab and the betta together, they don't bother one another and have the room to do as they please and the fiddler doesn't have his big claw yet just two small little ones).

Attachments

• 20180815_185512.jpg
    20180815_185512.jpg
    419.3 KB · Views: 191
  • 20180815_185720.jpg
    20180815_185720.jpg
    356.8 KB · Views: 176
Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Where did you get the freshwater fiddler crab from, or is it in brackish (salty) water?

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Where did you get the freshwater fiddler crab from, or is it in brackish (salty) water?
Wall Mart. wish I could have afforded more of them cause of the condition of the tank and crabs (one tank filled with crabs crawling on one another, no floating island for them to get air and rest. If I could have afforded them all I would have made a crab only tank). So to me he is a rescue and I love him all the same. I have made a little island for him just above the water line and under the filter ( to reduce the strength of the flow throughout the tank the there is a busy side and a calm side. As far as the the salinity of the water not sure, I use aquarium salt along with water conditioner (bad or good)? The crab stays out of the water most of the time except to eat, behind the filter ( I have a wisper 10 to 20 gallon filter) I assume that he can't get out past the lip of the tank and the filter, or at least he hasen't tried, he uses the island once in a while. He dosen't hurt or hunt either the pleco or betta, now on the first day that I got them and put them together he did pinch at both the pleco and betta but that was it there was no contact except his legs crawling over the pleco.

Bettas and plecos should not have salt in the water for any length of time because it can damage their kidneys. Realistically you want another tank for the crab so it can have some salt and so the Betta and pleco can have no salt in their water.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back