Hows Copepod as a food for betta

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Aniket

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Today i found daphnia and with it i got copepods and similar sized different creatures. Are copepods good food for betta fry?
I got some snails also. Is it safe to keep snails in daphnia culture?

Copepods can be used as fish food but the males of some species can become gill parasites on fish so you have to monitor the fish for this. But they do make good food.

If you post pictures of the other creatures we can try to ID them for you.

Snails should not be kept in live food cultures because some snails are host to parasitic worms that get eaten by daphnia and then fish. Live food cultures should only contain 1 species of organism that is being cultured.
eg: daphnia in green water, or rotifers in green water, or copepods in green water. But do not mix them and get rid of all the snails.

Copepods can be used as fish food but the males of some species can become gill parasites on fish so you have to monitor the fish for this. But they do make good food.

If you post pictures of the other creatures we can try to ID them for you.

Snails should not be kept in live food cultures because some snails are host to parasitic worms that get eaten by daphnia and then fish. Live food cultures should only contain 1 species of organism that is being cultured.
eg: daphnia in green water, or rotifers in green water, or copepods in green water. But do not mix them and get rid of all the snails.
Ill try to get pics of other creatures. But they are very small

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back