How to treat betta

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Discomafia

mmm...
Reaction score
I've just removed my betta from my 10 gal. community that has a case of ich, to my 1 gallon tank, and I want to know how can I treat him for it? I haven't noticed any symptoms yet, and the medicine I've been using for my 10 gallon seems to be working.

So, any advice? Should I just add the appropriate amount of medicine (Jungle Ick Guard) and change 25% of the water everyday, or what? Today will be the 5th day of medication, how will I know that the betta is safe? How much salt to use?

I plan on doing at least 2 more days for the community, but how will I know when it's safe to stop medication? :/

NO DONT YOU USE TABLE SALT!!!!!!!!! :crazy: use aquarium for all fish things and i have super ick cure it works great! and yes just add the appropriate amount for a 1gal and i go for 1 day after i cant see spots

Attachments

• Picture_17.jpg
    Picture_17.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 49
If he shows no sign of ich than he probably doesn't have it. Ich attacks fish that are stressed and if he's the only one who's spot free,it's a pretty accurate assumption to think the betta WAS the stress. Have you checked your water parameters?

It wouldn't hurt to give the betta a small amount of salt,as mentioned. But not table salt :) A teaspoon per gallon should do.

Like wuv said..don't treat it unless it shows symptoms. Clamped fins will probably be the first sign. If you start the treatment then, it will probably not reach the white speck stage. I guarantee Quickcure will cure ich faster than anything. Usually 2 treatments..on a fish that has spots everywhere. Quickcure is also one of the mildest med you can use for it. Salt would work the best at this stage. It is not a med, and it will kill any young parasites.

Most reactions

Back