How to tell if my betta fish is fish friendly?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Moonflower0922

Reaction score
She always comes out when I walk in the room, she's kind of a fast swimmer, she swims up and down as if she's excited, she probably just wants her blood worms and flakes, lol but she doesn't seem to fear me, she even takes food from my hand, she is just the cutest little fish I have ever owned. I love her but I do wonder if she gets lonely, so perhaps another betta of her kind can help? she is a half moon betta.

perhaps another betta of her kind can help?
Its way more complicated than just another betta, you would need at least 2 or 3 more.
I love her but I do wonder if she gets lonely
Bettas do not get lonley, they are solitary fish.

How big is your tank?
Can you post a photo of the tank?

Its way more complicated than just another betta, you would need at least 2 or 3 more.

How big is your tank?
I have a 5.5 gallon tank.

I don't know if keeping 4 bettas in 5.5 gallon would be a good idea, I would get a much bigger tank if I could but I don't have enough room at the moment.

How big is your tank?
Maybe a fake fish toy? lol or a guppy fish

A 5.5 is far too small for a betta sorority. I'd only keep 1 betta in a 5.5 and nothing else. Also, I have tried keeping only 2 female bettas in a smaller tank (quite a few years ago) and the first girl brutally tore up the 2nd female (she recovered).

There is very little chance of successfully keeping any species of fish with a female betta in a 5.5 gal. Either get a larger tank (I say at least over 10gal) or focus on your single girl and give her extra love and attention.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back