How To Tell A Male Betta From A Female

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Reret

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i need to get a female betta by wednesday and i dont know the diffrence between a male and a female. btw i need a female and i know that males have long fins but dont some have short fins.

1st of why do you NEED a female, and you are aware she can't live with your male?

link in my sig ;)

Would like to add to lillfishie's post that hope ur not trying to breed as they need conditioning for a min of 2weeks :)

i need a female because i want to house it in a community aquarium with other females geese dont jump to conclusions she will not be neer my male i am not stuped and i do research

1. Usually make bettas have noticeably longer neutral fins than females
2. Usually females have short fins, but there are quite a few exemptions were male have short fins too, like plakat bettas.
3. Females are usually a bit more passing of tankmates, but sometimes this isn't true as females have been known to be just as aggresive as males sometimes
4. Females have what's called an opivoster right by there ventral fins, it's just a little white dot. But sometimes juvenile males have this same spot too
5. Males usually have larger anal fins

i need a female because i want to house it in a community aquarium with other females geese dont jump to conclusions she will not be neer my male i am not stuped and i do research

No one ever said you were. Just 99% of stores recommend keeping them together which gives you dead fish so you go buy more.

What size is the tank? :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back