How To Keep The Algae

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

star4

Fish Connoisseur
Reaction score
Opposite problem to most lol.

I have a tank in the conservatory with weather loach, hillstream loach and american flag fish. In the next few weeks I am moving them to a bigger tank. Now over the last 2 years I have grown a lovely carpet of BBA down the waterfall and over the rocks at the bottom of the water fall and nice green rocks for the hillies. I plan on just moving everything to the new tank, but it will be in the house and I am starting to worry I might loose the algae.

If its BBA, doubtful it will fully die off in the move, if it does off at all lol Pretty tough stuff

BBA is actually one of the toughest algae to try and kill imo!

Believe me, i have been battling bba algae for a little while, started to grow on bogwood, i tried a variety of ways, one way of getting rid of BBA is doing bleach dips which is what i did with a very diluted concentration of bleach and water, al the other methods failed, so they're pretty tough bba. 

So the likelihood of losing ALL your algae is doubtful when you move everything over to the new tank, you may lose some but they will grow again, am pretty certain of that.

Thanks :) hopefully the set up will be exactly the same with a nice high flow so it should still grow as fast as the american flags eat it hopefully lol

Hi, looks great!!  How did you get it to grow only on the stuff you wanted it on?
thanks

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back