How to java moss?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

FroFro

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
So I finally bought some java moss off Amazon and it'll be here soon. I'm planning to use it to cover the visible spots on my terracotta pots that I used to make a cave ornament for my fish/pleco. I usually use a safe super glue to attach anubias and the like to my ornaments and driftwood but I've never used java moss before. I want it to grow across the pot, do I just plant a small patch and it spreads on its own? Do I cover the surface area with as much java moss as possible? Do I need some sort of mesh to keep it in place? I really have no idea what to do with this stuff, I just know I want it in my aquarium.

cotten wool or fishing line, nets can work but look ugly to begin with. as with surface area cover as much as possible the moss will grow but it dose not attach itself very well. dont use superglue it will stick the moss together and a large amount of it

I've always used superglue for moss.

The only time I didn't was when I used a fine stainless steel mesh (316 series) and hen covered with fine cotton mesh, took a few weeks to fill through.

superglue may work but it looks ugly when it turns white in your tank, cotton or fishing line is best for mosses

Most reactions

trending

Back