How To Figure Out Lighting...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Mr.September15

Chuck Norris is the reason why waldo's hiding
Reaction score
kk now i have no idea how to figure out what type of lighting I need...Im still going to wait atleast 1-2 months until i get corals but have thinking of getting the lighting done. My tank hood in about 30" but all the lights ive seen only fit 24" is that the lighting tube length or the length of the hood? Should the length of the tube be the same as the hood or should it be a diffrent number? If so, can someone find me an example off of a site that i can buy it from...

if it's 30" a juwel or arcadia I bar will fit it (they will only have 24" tubes like you say tho) - really depends what you want to keep in there. There are tones of units on ebay that might be worth looking at

:)

dave.

Decide what you want to keep and then you can work out what lighting you want. If you want corals and you cant have halides then use T5's, if your tank is 18" deep or more then you will need at least 4 T5 tubes to obtain low-moderate lighting levels.
hth

I know Interpet T5 power compacts 55watt bulbs are 21 inches in length they would fit!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back