How To Breed Bronze Cory Cats

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

blueacara

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
hey i thought since i breed them i would post a breeding sheet on them.

HOW TO BREED BRONZE CORYDORAS CATFISH....

temperature :26-27 degrees Celsius.

M/F ratio: 1f/3m

diet: pretty  much any thing i feed mine fish flakes and red granuals.

tank size: i personally use a !0 gallon tank for them to lay their eggs in.

HOW TO BREED THEM.....

Okay, i keep mine in a 50 gallon community tank and then when i see the female swells up then i put her in a 10 gallon half full then wait a week and fill it up then in about 3-5 day they lay the eggs, right after i see they are done laying eggs i take them out and i recommend you do to. 

THE EGGS.....
they lay about 150-400 eggs.
3 days after being laid they eggs hatch at 27 celcius.

THE FRY AND THEIR CARE....

about three days then i start feeding them very very small crushed fish flake and then a month later they are around 1 cm and have fully metamorphosed and then a month later they are about 2-4cm in length.

if you have a question just ask me 

Hi I have a community tank 1 40litre with 7 mixed danios, 10 neons, 6 wild green neons and 6 bronze corydora catfish well my big female has laid eggs on the external filter they've been there 2 days no other fish has touched them they look a kinda browny colour and can see tiny black dots in them so what do I do to get babies? Any help would be appreciated thank you xx

I have a well planted tank so I just leave them alone to fend for themselves.
IMG_0694.JPG

Hi I have a community tank 1 40litre with 7 mixed danios, 10 neons, 6 wild green neons and 6 bronze corydora catfish well my big female has laid eggs on the external filter they've been there 2 days no other fish has touched them they look a kinda browny colour and can see tiny black dots in them so what do I do to get babies? Any help would be appreciated thank you xx
Chances are the fry (baby fish) will get sucked up the filter intake if you leave the there. If you can get another filter intake, you could swap them over and move the one with the eggs into a spare tank or just put it on the gravel (eggs off the gravel) near some plants at the opposite end of the tank. That way the fry won't get sucked up the filter as soon as they hatch.

You can also get cylindrical sponges that can fit over the intake strainer of most external filters and these can help reduce the risk to the fry.

Most reactions

trending

Back