How Old Do Guppy Fry Have To Be Before Put In An Adult Tank?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

alysonpeaches

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
How long before the 2 week old guppy fry can be put into a mixed livebearer tank containing endlers, one male guppy and several platys?

As soon as you think they are too big to fit in anyones mouth they will be safe!! :good:

as long as they are bigger than the mouth of the biggest fish, or have plenty of good hiding places. if youre tank meets that, you should be fine.

Im not sure about this, Im dithering a bit. Do you mean fit into the mouth in one go or in a couple of bites!!! You know what they are like with some foods such as bloodworm, dried flakes or half peas. If they dont go into the mouth in the first bite, they swim around with them still in their mouth until they can get it in! Im also finding it difficult to gauge exactly how big the platys mouth is. They definitely wont be bothered by the endlers though. Also the fry differ in size a bit. I will post some photos.

Anyway, I will leave it a bit longer as theyre my babies!

if you are unsure, leave it another week and then put the biggest fry in. they should not be bothered by the mollies. make sure the fry can hide.

yeah i agree. i would leave them another week.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back