How Not To Take A Water Sample To A Lfs

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

sbenbow

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
At home we like cooking fresh food for our 2 and 4 year old - we cook in bulk, freeze the portions and then re-heat individual portions when necessary.

The pots we freeze the food in have nice tight screw-on lids.

Ideal for taking a small sample of water in to the local fish shop so they can test it for us (obviously cleaned in the dishwasher first, rinsed out a few times in the tap, and then swirled around in the tank for a bit to ensure no strange foods/cleaning chemicals are lingering).

I was just about to take the sample out of the door with me when, to my horror, I realized that the pot I was taking had previously been used for "Fish Pie" and was still labelled as such in bold bold writing on the top!!!

I quickly changed the lids as I couldn't bear the thought of the LFS thinking "Hmmm... that man must like Danio's and Chips for dinner!"
yes.gif

haha lucky escape there then.
they'd of seen the funny side im sure.

Love that..

Although have to be careful after a few too many pints on a Friday night and the chip shop is closed.....  Grab a Danio or 5 from the tank.............

I too am joking of course...
tongue2.gif

I thought this was going to be a thread where you say you didn't have any containers and had to carry water there in your hands!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back