How Much Longer Do You Think She Has?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Alliecat420

Reaction score
i only set up a hospital tank yesterday.. my fish wasnt lookin good but it seems hes going to pull through... on my arronds today i passed the fish store and picked p some new platy.. upon acclimating them i noticed a very large female..i didnt notice before (i have alot of fat fish) but upon close inspection i think shes very very pregnant.. my quesion is.. do i have enough time.. i added used filter media to the new cycling tank to speed it up a bit.. how long till she pops?

Attachments

• platy_0031.jpg
    platy_0031.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 87
  • platy21.jpg
    platy21.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 97
It could be another day or two. This is what my molly looked like the day before I found new fry in her tank.

Mom41_1024.jpg

She is very big but I'm not sure if she is going to pop in the day. Maybe in the next week.

Yea that sounds right. Just keep an eye on her. She's a pretty fish. :)

i hope i have at least a week.. compared to that molly picture i dont think i do though.. i guess i'll pic up some biospera for my fry tank today and hope i have enough time.. i was unprepared this time

If you have a properly cycled tank and filter, you have what you need to jump start another tank. You could get as much of the right bacteria into the new filter by cleaning the old one right in the tank as any bottle will ever give you. You could well be right if you need a fry tank that still needs to be cycled as far as the urgency. There is not a day to spare getting started. If you only put fry into the new tank with a starter in it, the filter will develop its ability to process ammonia along with the fry's production of ammonia. It actually can work out fairly well if you give a big enough boost to the new filter.

Most reactions

Back