How Much It Cost To Run A Fish Tank

j19dul-fishlover

Reaction score
hi me and the other half have just got our own place and just moved my fish tank in its a juwel 350L with 300w heater dose anyone know how much it will cost to run.

Also can i turn the filter and air pump off at night to save money i know i cant turn the heater off. The light goes off at 10pm and come on at 9am can i have the filter and air pump the same

Don't turn off the filter at all unless for maintainence, cheap as chip's to run, also do you have a timer on the tank? my timer's set from 4pm-11pm as daylight seem's good enough in the day time for my babie's :good:
Also you don't need a air pump if you have proper filteration, i di used mine age's ago, got annoyed with the drone

thanks people dident think about the filter and the only reason i have a air pump is because it looks good lol

As stated, never turn the filter off for any length of time.

Filter is essential. Air pump isn't!

I like to run my air pump at night to break the surface tension; aiding natural the CO2 transfer (when the plants aren't photosynthesizing, of course).

A tropical tank doesn't cost too much, but it is a luxury. Then again, what price can you put on tranquility?

is anyone in from 9am to to 3-4pm (you dont need to answer on here) but if there not whats the point in having the lights on?

Air pump dont really need to be on during the night really (or if your not home like the lights)

Filter as said before dont turn off unless your doing maintance. i believe the filters on my tank are about no more than 10w.

Hi, the filters hardly use any power even the big ones, as to the 300w heater - that only comes on when it needs to and with the coming season it will be on even less (providing you get sunshine and heat)

I have concerns with my 260L at the moment as I am redundant - so I just east one less potato per day ;) or leave out the yoghurt!!

Paul.

you need lights on for plants and corals in my case, mine are on from 12-10pm

I run my marine tank (lights) 06:00 - 09:00 and 17:00 - 00:00. Not the best simulation of Day night for the fish but they dont seem to mind.

For my Tropical (lights) - 17:00 - 22:00.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back