How Fast Do Bristlenose Babies Grow?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Spishkey

Spishkeys Turtle Rescue
Reaction score
i have just picked up 8 babies (abut 1.5/2cm long) and just wondering what their growth rate is like? (i know it depends on food/housing/water quality etc) whats the best way to rear them?

One thing I think might help is water changes everyday.
I believe if you keep there water top quality it will help.
May be a mixed diet aswell? Veg etc.
Not positive though mate, just thought I'd share that.

YF

cheers fisher! was gonna shove them straight in the community tank but dont fancy their chances so am gonna rear them for a while in a smaller tank by themselves, just wondered how long it'd take before they were big enough not to be eaten!

cheers fisher! was gonna shove them straight in the community tank but dont fancy their chances so am gonna rear them for a while in a smaller tank by themselves, just wondered how long it'd take before they were big enough not to be eaten!

Whats the stocking of the communty tank?, i have a male betta in mine and even though each has a diferent personality he doesnt evn consider eating/chasing them.... i doubt he could even caught them tbh lol.

they should be around 1 inch ish from around 1 mnth of hatching at that size they should be fine in most standard tropical setups.

Goos stats are a must, but they are with any fish, plenty of greens ...corgette cumber and algae wafers and they should grow in no time.

jen

the community had about 150 fish in it from cardinals to angels and gouramis , so i dont wanna risk it. plus once in there i think i'll never see them again until they were bigger!!

what size small tank can i get away with for rearing bn 'fry'? i have a fair few but dont want to give them too big/too small tank?

Dependant on how many fry and ow long you want to grow them out to, the will have to be pretty big before indroducd with angels. You will need a fairly large growout tank for the fry with good filration in this case, so as mentioned all depends on the amount and how long you plan to keep them in there and how big they will be when removed?.... i tank for the BN's alone would be better. group of 3 adults and time to have the fry grow to be moved i would say 3 foot tank...... just for the fry alone you MAY get away with 2 foot but again dependant on what i mentioned above in relation to size and amount.

i have 8 fry of between 1.5 and 2cm long (how old would these be about?) so would like them to get to at least an inch before putting them in the big tank!

i have 8 fry of between 1.5 and 2cm long (how old would these be about?) so would like them to get to at least an inch before putting them in the big tank!

I currently have some at 1.5 cm and they are around 3 weeks after hatching yours maybe a little older. For that many fry you will get away with a 2foot tank easily, anythink smaller and when the next batch come along and you have maybe alot more you will probably need a biger tank to grow them out.

dont think i'll be getting anymore..my pair have refused to breed, hence why i bought these babies off someone..they are not related to my pair :)

many thanks for the info!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back