HOW do you get zucchini to sink?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

We don't have uneaten portions, we go through a whole cucumber every 5 days.

Easiest way to make it sink is to spear it on an ordinary dinner knife. Get some cheap ones at the local charity shop/thrift store.

I received a "Report this post" e-mail. Reading the report, I am assuming the reporter meant to press "Reply" rather then "Report".

zorq said:
i don't know about anyone else but cutting a slice of and putting it in some water and microwave for a minute or so does the trick i don't have to wiegh it down at all it just slowly sinks to the bottom and i collect the rind that they have left at the end of the second or so.

I got the email too. It's an easy mistake to make and I've done it myself! :lol:

But, to answer the topic, I bought some vegetable clips at the lfs that have a suction cup on the back. I just have to put the vegetable in the clip and stick it on the side of the tank at whatever height I want to keep it at. It works well and the food stays in one place all the time.

It was well worth the dollar or two they cost. :D

Alright, how do you get veggies like zucchini to sink so that catfish to eat them? Do you have to tie it to some sort of weight or something to get it to stay down, or can you just let it sit in water and (eventually) it will sink?

Thanks,
Pete

hi

You can buy screws to hold chunks of cucumber down - just google 'screwcumber' and you will find them - we got ours from ebay and they work perfectly!

Sue :)

easiest way is to just poke a fork through it, then you can simply bury the fork and havd the zuccini sitting above the grave/sand...

Boil for a couple of minutes then put it in cold water to stop it cooking any more as for getting it to sink try a SCREWCUMBER it's available on ebay
compartiendoscrewcuberlogozu2.jpg

I always use a small piece of slate and a rubber band, cucumber shouldn't be left in for more than about 5 hours.

can i ask why you should take the cucumber out? i always leave mine in and the fish eat it all with about 2 days.

I just nuked a piece of cucumber , it still floats ? What am I missing here ? :unsure:

I always use a small piece of slate and a rubber band, cucumber shouldn't be left in for more than about 5 hours.

can i ask why you should take the cucumber out? i always leave mine in and the fish eat it all with about 2 days.

If the cucumber if left in too long it will rot and pollute the water, if your fish take two days to eat it perhaps try putting a smaller bit in so it is eaten within one day :) I have just aquired some baby 1 inch bn plecs and have been feeding them cucumber, my problem isn't how to get it to sink but getting them to eat it? I have never seen them near or on it and I end up throwing it away the following day looking untouched, my tank does have some algae so maybe they are just eating this and the seafood wafers?? is it always necessary to blanch it? I put it in there raw the other day and if you squash it a bit under the water and then place it near the filter outlet it sinks.

Most reactions

trending

Back