How Do I Count My Fish!!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Sasha

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
:fish: I haven't done a population count lately to see how many fish are in my 46 gallon tank. The guppies and mollies are easy, but the platies are so difficult! To make matters worse, a have a bunch of platies the same color. . . orange, orange mickey mouse, red, red mickey mouse, orange/red and orange/yellow. :nod: I don't want to stress them out, but I have to see exactly how many fish are in the tank. I tried catching them in a cup, but after they realized that some were being taken out, the rest hid in the plants. If I try to net them, they all go crazy and dash around the tank getting stressed. It's impossible to count them! Any suggestions? :/

Do you have a breeder box???That is how I was able to count them. I would catch all the babies and count them as I put them in the box...That is just about the only way or take a picture one.....

:) I have two breeder nets, but when I moved my pregnant platy she went crazy! There's a bunch or red and orange females that I simply can't count. The male platies are easy to count because they're different sizes and color. I guess I'll just have to net the females, but I don't want to stress them too much! :no:

sit down infront of the tank and be still, and count m quickly!lol. it works with my 15g tank

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back