How bad of a mini cycle will this cause?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

tkonrad33

Reaction score
Hi, I used to have 3 two months old guppy fry, one adult guppy and 3 harlequin rasboras in my tank. Today I added 3 more guppies, 6 neon tetras, 3 corydoras and and 3 snails (I have no idea what type they are lmao). How long will the mini cycle this causes take? Will it even cause one at all? Also yes the tank was cycled with the guppies and rasboras. I also added in two plants hoping they would help a bit.

There's some information we need before we can give an answer to you.

How big is your tank?
What type of filter do you have?
How long has the tank been running?
Have you had more fish in the tank than the 7 you named as existing occupants? If so, how recently?

Adding live plants will help, but if you have a small tank that has only had the 7 small fish in it and you've more than doubled the population, you could experience a spike. The bacteria will multiply to accommodate the extra ammonia and nitrite, but the other factors will help us advise you on what you need to watch out for and do next.

Hi, I used to have 3 two months old guppy fry, one adult guppy and 3 harlequin rasboras in my tank. Today I added 3 more guppies, 6 neon tetras, 3 corydoras and and 3 snails

This wont work, You have hard water fish mixed with soft water fish. What type of water do you have soft or hard?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back