1 American Flagfish
15 Zebra Danios
2 Baby Convicts
5 Dalmation Mollys
6 Clown Loaches
5 Baby Bolivian Rams -

How badly overstocked is he?

He wants to know.

Oh my goodness. I don't even know where to start.

Of all of those fish, if I had to keep some, I'd keep a few danios and a couple of mollys, although personally I wouldn't keep even these in a tank this size. That should give an idea of how overstocked he is!

How do they physically fit in there?!

Part of me wants to see a photo...car crash viewing...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Over stocked? It's not the overstocking i would be worried about, its more like 90% of the fish will outgrow the tank pretty quickly.

I wouldn't have danios in that tank. 4+ft is really a minimum for them. I wouldn't put one of those fish he has in that size tank.

There should be stricter laws regarding fish keeping. If I caged pups, cats or birds in tiny tanks I would be jailed for animal cruelty and rightly so.

I'd actually feel sick looking at such a tank.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear....where to start :crazy: he's not only horrendously overstocked, he also has a very, very bad mix of inapropriatley sized fish.

The plec, clown loaches, bala sharks and bircher will all grow to at least a foot long, so they all have to go; either your neighbour must get a larger tank (something like a 6x2x2 for those fish) or re-home them; they'll be stunted and die very early deaths if he hangs onto them.

The convicts shouldn't be kept in community tanks, they need a proper cichlid set up with other Central Americans, of at least four foot, IMO.

The danios and mollies can stay, as can the Bolivians for the moment, but if two of them pair off, they'll make life a misery for the others in a tank of that size.

I don't know anything about the flagfish, so won't comment on that one.

What could I take of him thats compatible with my stocking but would also lighten his load?

Okay I took his 2 convicts and put them in my cichlid tank, I took his rams and stuck them with my kribs who seem fine, I got a free 200 gallon tank today fully cycled, so I took the loaches and stuck the in there, I basically took everything except the flagfish, danios and mollys, is he still overstocked?

What happened to the 1 Common pleco 2 Bala Sharks 1 Senegal Bichir ?

What are the actual dimensions of the tank he has, roughly. Dimensions as well as volume counts too.

I Put them in the 200g and I gave the dimensions in my original post.

1 Common pleco - Will get to be about 24inches
2 Bala Sharks - Grow to be about 12 inches
1 Senegal Bichir
1 American Flagfish
15 Zebra Danios - Need a 4ft tank
2 Baby Convicts
5 Dalmation Mollys - They are okay
6 Clown Loaches - Grow to be about 12 inches
5 Baby Bolivian Rams -

So you did, my mistake. Need to get the contact lenses looked at. :huh:
30 inch in length isn't really suitable for danios. Aye, they're small but are extremely quick.

So this guy has gone from wondering if he's overstocked, to just letting you have them?

Yep since hes seen my tanks and he knows that I care about these fish and just want the best for them, He says the lfs said they'll grow to the size of the tank but I told him the truth and he was appalled.
So he asked me to help him out.

Most reactions

Back