Honey Gourami Lossing Scales

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Jimbob1223

Reaction score
Recently I have noticed that my honey gourami hase started loosing scales on one side of his body. this has been going on for a moth or so now and to start with, I thought it would heal, but that is not happening:( . The gourami lost an eye shortly before the scale problem due to a tank mate not being happy about having a new member in his tank (but they get along well now) so I think that might be relatedto the scale issue. the scales that have been lost are on the same side of his body as the eye he lost if that means anything. The gourami does'nt seem to mind the scale problem and I have been watching closly to look for signs of agitation but I can't see any.
His tank specks are...
a 20 gallon heavily planted tank which he shares with some small schooling fish and another gourami who luckily for me is very peacful towards the other fish,(although he's not a fan of new tank members :) )
Ph:6.8
I do weekly water changes of 25% and there shouldn't be any amonia as the tank is well cycled and the other fish are thriving.
I keep the temp around 78 and 80 degrees.
There are also no sharp objects in the tank (I read this can affect fishes scales)
Thanks for reading and I hope you can help with this problem :) .

Hi sorry my cameras photos arent high enough resolution to pick up the scale problem but I can try to explain what it looks like. The area where the scales have come off is white and some of the other scales on the fish look like they are loose. his body also has a few light black patches on it, I'm not sure if this is a problem though.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back