Hm.....wierd

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Wisperian

Where's Nemo :o
Reaction score
Hey pplz! havent been on foh a long time! I was just wondering, why all my guppy fry die whenever I remove it from the tank it was born in? Because I never bother moving the female because I'm afraid she'll have premature fry so I let her give birth in the "main" tank. But everytime ANYONE gives birth and I remove the fry, the fry only last one day or two! :-( so...got any reasons and solutions to this problem?

Um not a genius here but wondering what kind of tank/container you put the fry into? (ie. was it too big and chilly?) When SnowyAngel still lived here there was never a problem with putting the fry into whatever clean clear containers we had, even well washed 1 gallon plastic candy buckets from the cinema where she worked! Glass bowls worked fine too. There was lots of surface area, a desk lamp for a heat source and everyone seemed to thrive just fine on powdered fish flakes. They sure are adorable when they're so teeny. If the temperature is the same and the water(of course, DUH) is dechlorinated, I admit I'm puzzled as well. Any brainiacs out there?

SnowyZMom B)

ps- the little suckers sure learnt who provided the food fast too. I'm presuming, again DUH obviously, that you were feeding them frequently, a little at a time? Ours learnt to beg right fast! Where their tummies are concerned they aren't dumb fish.

I think I'd be tempted not to move the fry as they're really easily stressed out before the grow a little and their immune sstems get stronger.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back