Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

High nitrates in tap water / water changes

Discussion in 'Tropical Discussion' started by Flossybean, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Flossybean

Flossybean New Member

Pleased it arrived as expected :) sounds good, let me know how you get on :) i filtered my water with nitratex today before i did my water change, worked quite well.
    Keep me posted

2. Zikofski

Zikofski Chatroom Moderator
    Chatroom Moderator

Okay I finally got round to doing my WC and using the Pozzani filter I am very impressed it has done what it says on the box basically which I was not expecting considering the Nitri Zorb stuff I bought is not working maybe my Nitrate are too high for it to make a dent before it expires :(

here is the results
    on the left are two tests from the Pozzani Filter this was after 2 minutes of running water middle is my tap water without the Filter and on the right is my Tanks Nitrate next WC is due on Saturday/Sunday I shall test again and see what I get

Attached Files:

3. Flossybean

Flossybean New Member

Was just talking about the pozzani filter to my hubby, he says i can buy one next week. Your results look great! What you've said about nitrazorb is being echoed here with nitratex, it just can't take the strain! I'm baffled as my neighbours nitrates are just between 10 and 20 ppm and yet she's only a few doors away. The waterboard have been and collected samples and said I'll get results within 10 days.
    I'll show my husband your results so he knows it works!
    Thanks again for keeping me in the loop.