Hi To Everyone On This Forum - New To The Hobby

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

parmsuk

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Just a quick hello to all the members on this forum (already joined PFK forums..so hi again for those that are on here also!) I'm new to fishkeeping having just been given Flaval Edge 46l starter tank for my 40th birthday from the wife. Yes, already read the reviews on this forum and know the tank has its challenges but the wife present to me and I'm sure its the only one she would like to have that 'fits' in the lounge if you know what I mean 
wink.gif

If this goes well, then I'm sure it will give me the confidence to grow this hobby. 

Based on current lifestyle, the aim is to have a minimum maintenance tank with tropical fish. I work away in general upto 4 days a week but my wife and kids are at home so they can help in the feeding leaving me the weekend to perform any routine maintenance. From what I've read so far this is doable as long I carefully plan (fish, decor, plants, substrates etc)

Several questions before I go out and start 'buying' all the accessories and fish which I'll post in the relavant forum.

Anyway, thats enough from me....

Regards,

AJ

Welcome to the hobby man it's a great way to blow off steam and calm down after a hard day at work and that's what I love about it watching the fish is just really calming :)

welcomeani.gif
to the Forum.

Do let us know how your progress goes and if you get stuck or unsure, be sure to post a question and we'll be happy to help whenever we can.

Hope you enjoy the forum!

Welcome and best of luck with your tanks! Its such a rewarding hobby. I look forward to hearing about your experience! 

Its never too late to start fishkeeping!

Its exciting to know what will be the progress of your tank!

Remember, lots of pics! :)

Welcome and enjoy!

Welcome can't wait to see the tank!

Hi I am new too and just looking around the forum it seems a great place to learn and have any problems answered :)

From one Newbie to another, welcome. You have entered into a good group of people who love the hobby and are so willing to help.

From one Newbie to another, welcome. You have entered into a good group of people who love the hobby and are so willing to help.
I just realized this is a vintage post. However, I truly meant what I said.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back