Hi I am new to this can anyone help and tell me if my fish is having babies?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Hauxwell30

Reaction score
Two different fish one has the white spot which I have put in box but other one is much fatter but no white spot, please help

Attachments

• IMG_6033.JPG
    IMG_6033.JPG
    683.9 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_6034.JPG
    IMG_6034.JPG
    683.9 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_6037.JPG
    IMG_6037.JPG
    846.8 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_6042.JPG
    IMG_6042.JPG
    700.2 KB · Views: 283
They both look pregnant. I recommend taking the fish out of the breeder box as it can stress the mother out and cause her to abort the pregnancy.

They both look pregnant. I recommend taking the fish out of the breeder box as it can stress the mother out and cause her to abort the pregnancy.
Thank you how long before she will give birth or how will I know she is giving birth?

The red one looks like it will be some time before she gives birth. The orange one however looks like she could give birth in the next week or so. as for when the fish goes into labor, there isn't really any obvious signs except for hiding, resting on the gravel and not eating. The best you can do is just keep tabs on her frequently, but she will probably give birth during the night when the lights are off.

The red one looks like it will be some time before she gives birth. The orange one however looks like she could give birth in the next week or so. as for when the fish goes into labor, there isn't really any obvious signs except for hiding, resting on the gravel and not eating. The best you can do is just keep tabs on her frequently, but she will probably give birth during the night when the lights are off.
Thank you, new to this so don't have a clue other than what it says on google

How big is your tank? How long has it been running?

She is now really fat and staying close to top of tank is she close

Most reactions

trending

Back