Hi From The East Yorkshire Coast.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

thefishmesswithmywater

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hi I started keeping water in August last year. I set up a 25g corner tank for my sons birthday and fishless cycled with Ammonia. I had no mature media so 7 months later my tank was fully cycled. I have six platys, 9 leopard danios and one lonely missold clown loach who is happily eating the snail population brought in with plants. I have been a member of a different forum but after google kept bringing me here for info I thought I would join. Plus you guys seem much friendlier so hello!

welcomeani.gif
to TFF! Glad to have you, hope you enjoy it here!

Hi 
welcomeani.gif
 to TFF, are you planning on rehoming the danios and clown loach?

Hey there, welcome!  Seven months cycling... that must be some kind of record :eek:

thefishmesswithmywater said:
Hi I started keeping water in August last year. I set up a 25g corner tank for my sons birthday and fishless cycled with Ammonia. I had no mature media so 7 months later my tank was fully cycled. I have six platys, 9 leopard danios and one lonely missold clown loach who is happily eating the snail population brought in with plants. I have been a member of a different forum but after google kept bringing me here for info I thought I would join. Plus you guys seem much friendlier so hello!

We do our best.   Shame you didn't find us sooner, I'm sure we could have helped you cycle in less than 7 months.  That's a crazy long time.  My guess is that you had a bad source of information for it to take that long.

Hello and thanks for the welcome. I tried to do as much research as I could but you sometimes need to come across a problem to know what question you really need to ask!
Basically I cycled dosing to 8ppm instead of 4ppm and had a little stall ect but I got here!
Kinda unsure how to deal with the stocking issues. All are happy and healthy but from what I've read it won't stay that way. So after all the effort to ensure I don't cause suffering I need to deal with it. I had not researched the clown loach and sorry to say I listened to the girl in the fish shop.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back