Hi fin sharks white spots on head not an ick

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Headhunter

Reaction score
Recently both my hi fin sharks have the same white spot on their head equivalent in size as well...what does this signify?

Attachments

• IMAG0635.jpg
    IMAG0635.jpg
    895.3 KB · Views: 248
  • IMAG0633.jpg
    IMAG0633.jpg
    865.9 KB · Views: 259
Could you give us some more details on your set up, please?

How big is the tank, is it cycled, and exactly what fish do you have?

Do you have caves/tunnels/plants for the fish to hide in?

Do you ever see the catfish under the filter or heater, or digging into the gravel?

Is your water hard or soft?

Sorry for all the questions, but the more information we have, the better we can help your fish x

Not convinced that those are Hi fin sharks. They look more like iridescent sharks to me, but the photos are a bit blurry.

We've seen similar pictures on the forum before, mostly relating to them bumping against things as they want more space, can't see all that well and seem to be prone to bacterial infections when kept in smaller tanks (for these, pretty much any tank you can think of counts as a smaller tank, they're into huge tanks hundreds of gallons).

So please do answer flutters questions and we may be able to help more.

I have 2 of these iridescent sharks 4 walking catfishes and a red tail cat fish the tank is currently 1.2m long will be upgrading it soon there are barrels and drift woods and other stuff for them. Don't keep plants as the walking catfishes would just uproot them. They don't seem to be banging against stuff it was just yesterday that spot got a little big it's back to being just one tiny dot now .Same place on both of them. They've been with me for 8 months and I've had no problem whatsoever they've had that dot since the beginning never thought of it much as I do weekly 30% water changes and clean the external filter every month

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back