Hi everyone

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Tropical Syco

Reaction score
image.jpg
Iā€™m pretty new to this hobby and learning all I can. I have a 29 gallon bow front with a aquean 55. Itā€™s home to 7adult platys and 2 fry along with a dwarf Blue gourami, common pleco (who Iā€™m going to have to get rid of) and a red fin shark, and finally a myster snail. The 3 plants in front are Anubis. The sword plant in back and a few westiria Iā€™m trying to get to root and 3 moss balls. Water parameters are ph 7.5 alkalinity 120 hardness 25 ammonia 0 nitriate 0 nitrate 30. So far the bioload seems okay Iā€™m on 3 months of running this set up.

Oh I see.Welcome!Just be careful with that common pleco and probably get rid of him soon like you said,I like the tank!

Are the anubias planted in the gravel? These plants should be grown attached to decor or the rhizome (the thing that looks like a thick root) will rot. The tiny roots are OK if they reach down the gravel, it's the rhizome that must not be buried.

Are the anubias planted in the gravel? These plants should be grown attached to decor or the rhizome (the thing that looks like a thick root) will rot. The tiny roots are OK if they reach down the gravel, it's the rhizome that must not be buried.
Yes they are. I hadnā€™t had them before and they almost died, but they seem to have self corrected and are growing. The rhizome is growing across the gravel now.

Hi and welcome.

I like your tank, you need more plants . Like I always say, " you can never have too many plants "

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back