Hi all newbie

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Mogwaimarshall

Reaction score
Hi I have had this tank which I purchased of a friend.i was expecting to just buy a tank as a previous one was leaking.this how ever came fully stocked with Malawi child's and a cat fish and all equipment included.im running two filters plus a wave machine.i however need advice we have now lost several fish generally getting eaten and getting the levels seems hard.the ph seems OK.but we have hard water. Any advice on how to keep the tank in top notch. I'm doing numerous water changes.just wondered how often I been to be doing this. Also what's the best way to remove all this poo I've been using a suction pipe seems to work but time consuming. Ive included photos of what I have and am thinking maybe adding more fish to lower the aggression.any help would be appreciated as we have grown very fond of them and some even have names
Cheers in advance

hi there and welcome.:hi:

exactly what fish and how many of them.
what are the tank dimensions.
is it cycled.
what filters are you using.
does it have a substrate.

sorry for all the questions but we need to know in order to help you.

Sorry I did not as the other post.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Hi I have had this tank which I purchased of a friend.i was expecting to just buy a tank as a previous one was leaking.this how ever came fully stocked with Malawi child's and a cat fish and all equipment included.im running two filters plus a wave machine.i however need advice we have now lost several fish generally getting eaten and getting the levels seems hard.the ph seems OK.but we have hard water. Any advice on how to keep the tank in top notch. I'm doing numerous water changes.just wondered how often I been to be doing this. Also what's the best way to remove all this poo I've been using a suction pipe seems to work but time consuming. Ive included photos of what I have and am thinking maybe adding more fish to lower the aggression.any help would be appreciated as we have grown very fond of them and some even have names
Cheers in advance

Attachments

• DSC_3426.JPG
    DSC_3426.JPG
    313.2 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC_3425.JPG
    DSC_3425.JPG
    225.8 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC_3419.JPG
    DSC_3419.JPG
    268.2 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC_3416.JPG
    DSC_3416.JPG
    327.8 KB · Views: 93
  • DSC_3413.JPG
    DSC_3413.JPG
    203 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC_3412.JPG
    DSC_3412.JPG
    228 KB · Views: 58
okay so have you added or changed anything about the tank. also was your friend having these same problems.

No haven't changed anything. And not sure if they did.as they have now moved away and no longer have contact.

okay,

is it a specific fish causing the problems or is it all of them.

Not sure we have lost four so far but unless I sit there all day and Watch the culprit to see if it's just one.was wondering if I added more fish it would calm them down

are you certain that the cause of the deaths is a result of another fish.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back