Hi...again :p

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

KrystaK

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hi! Long time member - though tbh I don't really visit that often. Every now and then I do check back. I've had tanks ever since I joined in 2011.

I have had a 30 gal tropical community almost that entire time - it was gift from my BF an it has survived week long power outages, moving and well water with an average pH of 8.2 a hardness that retail aquarium test kits can't register. This tank is still active but I have moved for a contract job so it's been 8 months of water changes every 3 weeks because that's how often I am home (my mum looks after feeding and the like, but I can't expect her to completely adopt the tank) it needs a major overhaul and that's my main reason for coming back.

I also have a 5 gal with a Betta, his name is Hikari (after my favorite Japanese restaurant in the city I moved to for my job). And his care is a secondary reason I am rejoining.

So I have a fair bit of experience with freshwater tropical fish, but I must admit that my glory days of knowledge are behind me. But I would like to change that and become more active in the hobby again (I have some anxiety and I'm hoping getting back into the hobby will help with that.) Anyways Hi, hopefully seeing other peoples questions and story's will help me along. Nice to meet people :)

Hi and welcome back :)

I suppose Hikari is a better name for a fish than Sushi, (yes there is someone on here who named their fish that) :)

Do you have any pictures of your fish/ tanks?

Most reactions

trending

Back