The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Reaction score
hey, Iā€™m new to this site and keeping tropical fish.

Was wondering if someone could help, Iā€™ve had my tank set up for 4 days and the last couple a days the tanks became cloudy. Is this normal?

The only things in the tank is gravel on the bottom and three plastic plants. Iā€™m adding moss balls in tomorrow when they arrive.

All levels in the tank are correct and what they should be.

Someoneā€™s told me to use Terra Crystal Clear solution saying it gives great results.

Please help! .

Thanks
Phill

Photo of the tank/ cloudy water.

Attachments

• 6F229FCB-3210-437A-A515-08A18A03CEDD.jpeg
    6F229FCB-3210-437A-A515-08A18A03CEDD.jpeg
    823.5 KB · Views: 371
hey, Iā€™m new to this site and keeping tropical fish.

Was wondering if someone could help, Iā€™ve had my tank set up for 4 days and the last couple a days the tanks became cloudy. Is this normal?

The only things in the tank is gravel on the bottom and three plastic plants. Iā€™m adding moss balls in tomorrow when they arrive.

All levels in the tank are correct and what they should be.

Someoneā€™s told me to use Terra Crystal Clear solution saying it gives great results.

Please help! .

Thanks
Phill

Hi!

Nothing to worry about here, it is just the bloom of harmless bacteria which is very common in new tanks! It will die off in 5-7 days.

Don't use any chemicals to help it, nothing will really work. Patience :)

Are you aware of the nitrogen cycle and the need to cycle your tank first before adding fish? It usually takes several weeks. If not, I suggest you read on the Aquarium nitrogen cycle and in particular, ā€fishless cyclingā€. Then get the items needed to do it. In particular, an API Freshwater Test Kit. Let us know if you have any questions.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back