help

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Jynxy

Reaction score
Hi,

Ive knocked the co2 valve on my system which dumped loads of co2 in the take, i have two survivors
oops.gif
censored2.gif
censored2.gif

can anyone help in restocking my tank ? i currently dont have the money to do so, so reaching out for free to a good home.

please message me if you or someone you know can help.

im from stoke, staffordshire so anything close by.

Thanks

I assume you have dealt with the excess CO2 in the water?

What are the tank dimensions (length x width x height)?

What is the GH and pH of the water?
What temperature does the water normally sit on?

What fish do you have left?

I am sorry to hear of your fish losses. As others have asked, we need to know the water parameters (of the source water) and tank dimensions.

I would just suggest that you do not use CO2 from here on. Unless you have an "aquatic garden" planted tank, using high light and daily fertilizers, adding CO2 is almost never beneficial. I'm assuming this is for plants. There is quite a lot of natural CO2 occurring in the aquarium, especially in the substrate. Fish are likely affected by CO2 diffusion according to some more recent studies, and it is just not worth the risk even without accidents. Your fish will be happier and thus healthier without CO2 being added.

I assume you have dealt with the excess CO2 in the water?

How would you suggest the OP deal with it? How about some advice on how to deal with it?

Hi, i am looking for a good home for a young clown loach but it depends on how big your tank is and whether you can get any mates for him.

I'm in S. West Wales so not a million miles

How would you suggest the OP deal with it? How about some advice on how to deal with it?
Turn off the CO2 and increase aeration/ surface turbulence.
Monitor pH and do a water change if needed. CO2 is very acidic and will drop the pH so a number of water changes might be required to get the pH back up to where it should be.

Monitor the remaining fish for acidosis. However, if it's been more than a week then the survivors are probably free of that.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back