Help!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Clarew04

Reaction score
Hi

I have a 190L tank I have about 8 guppies 3 platys, 20 neon tetras and 8 baby guppies (2week old) and 2 bistlenose plecos I've had my tank since June. My fish just keep dying!! And can't figure out why! We were doing weekly water changes of 25% but every now and then we would do a 50% change. It got to the point where a fish was dying every single day! At whits end I got in touch with a company that looks after people/business' aquariums for them and asked if they would come round and have a look at the tank for me and see where we are going wrong! As soon as he got here he said the tank was really clean! He did all the tests on it and they all came back as they should! He said the temperature was also correct and the tank had done a full cycle! What he did notice though was that the pump that blows to make the water move was pointing down rather than pointing upwards so he said it wasn't making the water move meaning that there wasn't enough oxygen in the water! It all made sense what he said! He said we was cleaning it too often aswel and said we only should clean it every 3 weeks! After he left everything seemed fine for a couple of week but now they have started dying again! Where are we going wrong? I have also noticed that now the water seems to smell abit! Any help is much appreciated!

if you are cleaning it too often or doing to big of water changes it could possibly be an ammonia spike. it could also be disease too. if you want to be sure of the water parimeters you could buy a kit at your local pet store too to make sure they are pristine.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back