Help

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

zestmono

Reaction score
hi, im a new fresh water fish tank owner. recently i introduced 3 fish to my tank. about 4 days ago i started noticing that my fish were getting stressed and one already died. i have three fan tails, 2 betas and a neon fish. i have had a fantail that died and a black moor that also died. my other remainder fish have white specks on them and ther is one fan tail that has red marks on it. please if anybody knows what i have to do cure them let me know. thanks

right.. by fantail do you mean a goldfish? if so they should not be kept in a tropical set up as they are cold water fish,

2nd...bettas shouldnt be kept together unless in larger groups (females), (im sure someone with more knowledge will be able to step in) and male bettas should NOT be kept together at all, bettas are aggressive fish (people have kept them together successfully but it is not very common).

3rd...by neon i assume you mean tetras which shold be kept in numbers, minimum of 6 as they are shoaling fish.

As for the white specs it could be Ich/white spot here is a link telling you more about it, you can google it for images http://www.fishforever.co.uk/ich.html

has the tank been running for a year with these fish in? and have you tested the water for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate levels?

is there a possibility the tank is not cycled?

As techen asks, can you tell us more about what your set up is? Any information you can give us on tank sizes, filtration systems, maintenance regimes and such like will help us to help you.

I do suspect that khial is right about the white spot as well, but it can be tricky to tell from descriptions sometimes. Photos help if you can manage them. At a guess the newly added fish overloaded the system and you got an ammonia/nitrite build up that has led to sick fish. For a start, without knowing enough to truly advise, a good sized water change with dechlorinated, temperature matched water (by good sized I mean up to 90% of the water in the tank) may put things back on a better tack for you, but I'll wait for more info before I offer much more advice.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back