Help With Stocking

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

dreworz5

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a 20(US) gallon tank.

I was gonna stoxk with 6 Black Neons, and 3 corys, I wanted to add atleast one more species. I want something that will stand out. Please give me some ideas. I will add up to 3 more fish, it can be 2 of one spevies and 1 of another. I would preferably like to have more species, as it would make it more interesting. Thanks for the help in davance. I would like species that stay small, less than 3 inches.

Bettas and guppies are a no-no :/ :no:

dreworz5, what do you currently have in the tank ? and how long has it been up and running ?

its actually right smack in the middle of cycling, my nitrites have just peeked.

when doing a fishless cycling it allows you to add a larger bioload right away is what i have been told.

Neons are not the best fish to put in the tank first. They are notoriously sensitive when in new tanks.

Otos might be nice but again prefer a more mature tank.

You should never put loads of fish in a tank right away. It's better to be safe than sorry. I'd start out with the more hardy fish and take it from there. Do you have any live plants? They are good for soaking up amonia/nitrIte/nitrAte and so will help keep levels good.

Most reactions

trending

Back