Help with my pleco please!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Clairebum99

Reaction score
I have had Alan for a couple of years now and have noticed a couple of what appear to be blister sacks on him. Not sure if it is Ich - could any one help me please??

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    406 KB · Views: 158
Hi and welcome to the forum :)

I cant see anything on that picture. Can you take a few more and put them on your computer. Then pick out a couple that clearly show the issue, then post them on here.

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

I cant see anything on that picture. Can you take a few more and put them on your computer. Then pick out a couple that clearly show the issue, then post them on here.

This is hopefully a better picture . . . . Many thanks for taking a look.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    674.2 KB · Views: 174
That big cream blob on his back is not ich. It looks like a cyst (fluid filled sac) but I am not sure why it has grown. It could be an egg that has stuck to his back.

How long has the fish had it for?
Have you added any new fish in the last 2 weeks?
How big is the fish and the sac on him?

You could try pulling it off, see what happens.

That big cream blob on his back is not ich. It looks like a cyst (fluid filled sac) but I am not sure why it has grown. It could be an egg that has stuck to his back.

How long has the fish had it for?
Have you added any new fish in the last 2 weeks?
How big is the fish and the sac on him?

You could try pulling it off, see what happens.

The fish has had it for a few days, no new fish in the last 2 weeks. I only have the one Pleco, could it still be an egg sack? Might give pulling it off a go, very gently!

A female could lay eggs by herself.

There's nothing really in that area of the body that would cause this unless the fish was damaged. You could wait a few days and see if it goes down, if it doesn't go down in a few days then use a fine pr of tweezers and see if you can pull it off.

A female could lay eggs by herself.

There's nothing really in that area of the body that would cause this unless the fish was damaged. You could wait a few days and see if it goes down, if it doesn't go down in a few days then use a fine pr of tweezers and see if you can pull it off.
C

That is brilliant, thank you so much for your advice.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back