Help with kribensis

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Ryan Morris

Reaction score
13B42DD8-42DB-47A4-9C96-895872010CCC.jpeg
hi everyone :) would anyone be able to tell me what my Kribs are upto?? I have a male and female, they follow each other around the tank, both go in and out of the coconut hide and donā€™t let any other fish near it. When they get close to each other they display their fins to each other and occasionally, how do I put it... swim on the spot? Not quite vibrating. The female doesnā€™t look like she is carrying eggs but 2 nights ago I cleaned my tank and re arranged the tank, today when I came home from work I watched the male go behind the hide and take mouthfuls of sand and spit them to the front of the hide. He has actually made a decent sized pile of sand outside the hide and has started making another one on top of the piece of stone that the hide sits on. He has also dug out a small hole at the front of the hide aswell.

I have attached a picture, excuse the mess of the sand Iā€™m in the process of syphoning :)

They're spawning! If you leave them alone you'll get some eggs! If you keep your fingers crossed you may well have some fry soon too!

My female seems to have kicked the male out of the hide? Heā€™s been at the other side of the tank since last night. The female wonā€™t stray far from the hide either??

Yep, that's usual behaviour too. She will be protecting the eggs, and then the fry if they hatch.

Sometimes they need a few goes until they get it right. Eggs don't get fertilised properly or conditions aren't quite right but if you keep your fingers crossed you will see some fry in a few days! Good luck!

Not the best photo but this is one of my spawnings from Kribs.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    219.6 KB · Views: 165
Well things changed a bit again today, woke up this morning and it was the male who was in the hide and the female was hiding behind the filter for a couple of hours. I had to move my tank into another room aswell so had a quick peek in the hide and couldnā€™t see any eggs :( the female did look as if her belly was a bit flatter yesterday so donā€™t know if she had laid eggs and something happened through the night

Sometimes it takes a pair a few goes to get it right. Give them time and they'll be spawning again in a week or so.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back