Help with cycling

jason26

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I am now 6 weeks into my fish in cycle I have 3 serpae tetras, could you please advise me with results 3 days ago I had amonia and nitrite today I still have amonia but no nirite, is this normal there is some nitrate too.
IMG_20170424_194017.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_20170424_194017.jpg

Typically if you're going with a fish-in cycle you want to be water changing to keep the ammonia and nitrite as close to 0 as you can through this whole process. It's seems obvious that you're still cycling as the ammonia is pretty high, you have had at least one batch of nitrite get processed but expect to see nitrites rise again at least once, keep monitoring all these levels every day until you get to 0/0/20~ and after you notice a period of about a week with no noticeable ammonia or nitrites you can consider your tank ready for the next batch of fish. (I like to give fish a minimum of 3 weeks before I introduce the next group regardless of how you cycle the tank)

Hope that helps, let me know if you need further info but try to post as much info about your tank and appliances and water parameters too.

Most reactions

trending

Back